Friday, May 16, 2014

Notting Hill - Portobello Market

I’ve been back in South Africa for almost 6 months now, and I still haven’t shared all of my United Kingdom photos. So I thought I might carry on sharing more photos from my travels, and this particular post will be about the famous Portobello Market in Notting Hill, the market is usually in full swing on Saturdays. I loved the beautiful colorful buildings and incredible clothes, fresh-food and antiques for sale. The market began as a fresh-food market in the 19th century, antiques dealers arrived in the late 1940s and '50s, and now have a substantial number of them trading mainly on Saturday mornings. It is the largest antiques market in the UK. I took quite a long time to walk through the whole street from beginning, but it was completely worth while, especially when you end it with beer at a local pub in Portobello Road.

P1070866PicMonkey CollageP1070903

0 comments: