Wednesday, May 14, 2014

lately

I have a whole lot of “lately” to catch up on. Things got a little hectic with the last couple of days I had left in London, and being back in the sunny South Africa, with job hunting and six months worth of catching up with friends and family.

A bunch of exciting things happened to me in the last couple of months. I became aunt for the third time. I wish I could say I adopted a cat, but my best friend did, and I had a lovely week of “cat-sitting”, which made me really want one of my own. I got to spend new years with the friends that I love and later in the year I also had the chance to go the the Chinese New Years festival in Bronkhortspruit, completely new and exciting experience for me, but I’ll do it again in a heart beat! Also, I got a couple of freelance graphic design gigs, which I’m more than happy with and can’t explain how overwhelming it was to realize that I am now my own boss and I can use my own creativity to do what I love. Bonus: and make some money.  Overall it’s been a really good couple of months and I’m happy to be where I am in my life.

This is some photos from my phone to show what I’ve been up to lately.

PicMonkey Collage2PicMonkey Collage1

I’m happy to be back in South Africa, but it won’t be right if I don’t admit that I really do miss London most days.

thank you for reading

0 comments: