Monday, October 21, 2013

Streatham Cemetery

On Friday I finally got around to visit Streatham Cemetery with Stephanie, I’ve been meaning to go there for quite a while. Every time we drove past it on our way to Wandsworth, Putney or Wimbledon,  I would make a little mental note of putting the cemetery on my “things to do in London” list. With two lodges and two mirror image chapels built in the Gothic style, Streatham Cemetery opened for burials in 1894. The cemetery is now mostly closed to new burials.

P1090156PicMonkey CollagePicMonkey Collage1P1090117PicMonkey Collage2PicMonkey Collage4PicMonkey Collage3PicMonkey Collage5PicMonkey Collage6

Streatham Cemetery is bigger than I expected, we didn’t even cover half of the cemetery on our visit, I hope to go back before I leave London.

0 comments: