Friday, May 30, 2014

Camden Town

Happy Friday! I’m in Groblersdal to visit my parents for the weekend and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

My definite “must see” when I was in London was probably Camden Town, and I absolutely loved it, really beautiful and really old, it was laid out as a residential district from 1791. Camden is well known for its markets, dating from the 1970’s and later.

P1070987PicMonkey CollageP1080005

Camden Town tube station was not designed to cope with the volume of traffic it handles since the area increased in popularity, it gets extremely crowded. As of 2011, Camden tube station is closed to outbound passengers on Sunday afternoons for safety reasons. The closest tube station is Morning Crescent which I took to see Chinatown, the Strand area and St. Paul's Cathedral.

PicMonkey Collage2PicMonkey Collage3

My favorite part of Strand was a building built in 1625, and the only Strand building to survive the Great Fire of London in 1666.

thank you for reading

0 comments: